Friday, October 23, 2009

A most memorable Halloween...

Halloween is my second favorite time of year - after Christmas...of course. But, Brits - they do not do Halloween properly, mighty sad really. I would STILL trick-or-treat, if I could. We hardly get ANY kids around here - and I EVEN DRESS UP!! Pfft..... Anyway....

I think I was 19 (yes...NINETEEN) the last time I went trick-or-treating, and I paid dearly for it. I went as the ghost of Mickey Mouse (sheet with two wholes cut out the top for the Mickey Mouse ears, and two for my eyes). My cousin Wendy drew a nice big black nose on the front of the sheet with a permenant marker. By the way, she went as a cowgirl ghost (sheet, red cowgirl hat, gun holster and cowgirl boots). The sheets were meant to cover our, ummm...age (hehehe). So anyway, we are walking around our lovely neighbourhood in Orlando, Florida, and wouldn't you know....it rained. The rain made my lovely Mickey Mouse nose bleed and spread across the sheet like a cheesy Mario mustache! When we got home, I took my sheet off to gasps of horror - the permanent marker had blead thru the sheet and all over my face.

Yet I STILL love Halloween! BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment